Welcome...

Welcome to my Blog!

First, a bit about me: I am a Circuit City employee and my job is to offer service to our customers within the Second life universe.

I set this blog up to chronicle my time in world and to share the experiences I have while in there. On this blog, you're likely going to see a wide variety of topics discussed.

Also, feel free to link to me if you want ;) I love seeing other people's blogs and reading about their experiences as well!

-Wyatt-

Monday, March 17

Lessons Learned

I'm in a very "romper room" type mood today, it's in the mid to upper 70's and it's put me in a silly mood. I was just thinking about how on the old saturday morning children's TV shows they all had some kind of moral "lessons learned" segment at the end.

That of course made me think that it might be a neat idea to incorporate that into my blog.

So without further adieu, I present to you the first of hopefully many "SL lessons learned" but to raise the difficulty level I'm going to do the whole thing in ancient Aramaic!

...ok, maybe not... I just realized that there is no word for iPod or MP3 player in Aramaic... heck they didn't even know what plumbing or electricity was back then.


Lessons learned:

I've learned that some people don't mind resorting to bribery above an item's value to win that item. For the record, even if I knew where the iPod was hidden I wouldn't be able to tell you, play "hot hot cold" or give out clues. No amount of bribery will help this.

I've learned that people enjoy sharing stories about themselves. SL seems to be a great conduit for the emotional/mental interaction that humans crave without the superficial hangups of looks. You can share and talk without worrying about someone staring at your clothes or judging you based on looks of any kind. I would surmise that this is one of the reasons people are better able to open up through online chat, SL and to a lesser extend, over the phone.

I've also learned that people have a wealth of knowledge to share if you're just willing to listen.

More observations are to come when time allows for more writings ;)

-Wyatt-

No comments: